Monday, December 31, 2007

As soon as I get a boyfriend, they're making me leave, or FTFO Madison Finn #9: Just Visiting

Ooh, a Madison Finn adventure purely about boys!! Well, that, and vacations, and 4th of July, and grandparents, and friend withdrawal, but other than that....



Plot: It's summer and Madison has so many plans she doesn't even remember them all. What she's most looking forward to is the Far Hills Independence Day Extravaganza, where Hart will be....
Then her mom drops the bomb: Madison won't be spending her summer in Far Hills. She'll be spending it with her grandma, because her mom has to work and no one else wants her in their house. Bummer.
So they fly on over to Winnetka: Madison, Fran, and Phin. Fran drops Madison and Phin off with Gramma Helen and leaves for California. Gramma Helen turns out to be a lot of fun, because Madison can go on her laptop whenever she wants and there's always cool things to do.
Also, Helen's best friend has a grandson Madison's age...and he's cute. His name is Mark and Madison is in love. What about Hart? Oh well.
Madison and Mark spend a lot of time together. Stuff happens. Romance blooms. How adorable. Mark asks Madison to the big 4th of July celebration...and Madison says NO!!
She had the feeling Gramma Helen needed her or would get lonely or something, so she turned down a once in a lifetime oppurtunity. Mark is crushed.
Thank God for meddling grandmas! The grandmas insist that the two "young people" go out together anyway.
So they do. On 4th of July, Madison and Mark ride rides, run around in a maze, eat fatty fried foods (ugh, alliteration), and watch fireworks together. Then Mark kisses Maddie!!
Then he has to leave the next day. The two say goodbye and promise to keep in touch. Madison gives Mark a homemade collage a goodbye present. How...sweet.
Madison goes back home and everyone missed her, even though they insist she missed the best 4th of July ever. Best of all: There had been rumors circling that Hart would go to the extravaganza with Ivy, but he ditched her. Sucks for Ivy...but not for Madison. It appears she likes Hart again. What about Mark??
We'll find out later.

More notes:
Aaargh. My house doesn't have air conditioning either.

Bigwheels is going on a road trip through the West Coast. That's cool...except for the road trip part.

What the heck? Aimee's family can't take her, her dad is busy...call Fiona's mom!! Why would you call her grandma BEFORE you call any of her other friends? That's so mean. She's either racist or she wants Madison to miss 4th of July.

"I know she isn't ruining your Fourth of July on purpose." Are you sure???

Ooh, an extravaganza!!! Sounds...extravagant!

They see Aimee at Freeze Palace. She admits she's pigging out. Trying out bulimia this time?

"Meet me in BFFLAND and hurry." I'm sorry, but that sounds really funny.

: I could ask my mom if u can stay w/us
: no, that's ok my gramma thinks I'm coming now so I have to go she'll be sad if I don't
SHE DIDN'T ASK HER!!! Fran Finn, you stupid ho.

Lindsay, Lindsay. Always the odd man out, with your kayak.

Madison starts freaking out because Hart is splashing her. Why'd you go to the lake wearing a swimsuit if you didn't want to get wet?

I'm really not getting why Madison is so mad. Partly because she lost her favorite hairclip, I guess. Shut up, I'm not joking.

Drew is very adorable and considerate and not stalker in this one.

But he's still really obvious.

"Madison had a sudden vision of Ivy crashing into the net, into the sand, and losing her top in front of the entire world - only to slink away in shame...."
Did you want to see Ivy's humiliation...or did you want to see Ivy without a top?

Hart tells Madison he likes her T-shirt and Madison starts babbling about the sun drying it out for like 5 minutes.

Awww...Hart found Maddie's hair clip.

Fran: I met the first boy I ever liked - really liked - up at that lake house. His name was Ethan Randall. He was so cute. Well...Ethan Randall was the cutest boy I ever met. And he was so nice, too. We went for walks. We swam together in the lake up there. When I was thirteen, I had my best summer ever.
Madison: You did? What happened?
Fran: *blush of death*
They so had sex.

Gramma Helen goes grocery shopping and gets whatever Madison wants. Yay, I love grandparents.

Madison's mom set her hair on fire?

Aw, Hart sends her an e-mail. Soo cute.

Oh no, a cute boy took out the garbage and saw me!!! TRAUMA!!

Madison obsesses over her outfit, and all they're doing is going to the supermarket. Lol, I know the feeling well.

Oh no, they meet Mark in town!!!

Madison goes to the beach and meets a girl named PAM. Hmmm.... You should ask her about ponies, Madison, and see what she does.

Madison fakes sick to get out of meeting Mark.

So her grandmother brings Mark and his grandma over to HER house for lunch. Pwned.

Why did this boy make her so nervous? Hm, he's hot?

HA!! Madison thinks being 14 makes you mature. ROFL!!! I'm so proof against that statement.

Whatever. Older boys are overrated.

: Yeah and Sasha is wicked experienced too w/boys - she has done a lot I was surprised when she told me
:O Like WHAT?? Well, duh, I can guess, but knowing Madison Finn, "experience" probably refers to holding hands. Omg, Sasha's held hands with 20 boys and kissed 4 of them!!

Oh no, Hart is going on a date with Ivy! I would be crying so hard at this point. You're so strong, Maddie.

Madison reminisces about her grandpa, and it made me really sad. I miss my grandpa, too. Only mine isn't dead, he just lives on the other side of the country.

Madison makes Mark a collage to show her "appreciation" or something. *rolls eyes*

OMG Mark catches Madison sitting on the lawn in her pajamas. That sucks.

But he doesn't care how she dresses. That's so adorable.

Mark stutters.
"It doesn't have to be a big deal. I mean, I didn't mean to make a big d-d-deal out of it...."

"She wanted to scream, 'YES, OF COURSE I WILL GO WITH YOU!'"
Girls should be allowed to scream that from time to time without receiving weird looks.

SHE TURNS HIM DOWN!!
"Well, I would love to go with you, but I really think I should spend the Fourth of July with my gramma Helen. I came here to visit her, after all. It seems funny to go to the fireworks without her. Don't you agree?"

Dude, I love Maddie's grandma. "Tell him you've changed your mind." "I can't do that." "Then tell him at dinner. I invited him over."

Yay, Bigwheels sends a survey!!! I love these!! Bigwheels and I would pretty much be best friends.
Name: Victoria
Nickname: Vicki
Home: Washington State
Favorite color: Blue
Hobbies: Computers, reading
Lucky number: 8
Pets: Nope
Brothers and sisters: 1 sister + 1 brother
Favorite subject: English
I want to travel to...: Visit Madison!
Best Friend: My keypal Madison!

That's actually a pretty boring survey.

Aaargh, Mark is such an idiot.
Mark: You don't have to stay around here. If you want to be with your grandmother.
Madison: Well, no I don't. But I want to.
Wait, what??
Mark: Huh?
Madison: I want to be here. I-I mean, if you're okay with that.
Mark: Well, I'm okay.
Being considerate doesn't mean...aargh, never mind.

Mark thinks she's REALLY NICE. Hee.

Oh, but he insults her, and says he prefers going on rides alone.

Even his burps are cute! Madison's words, not mine.

She sits in Mark's lap. He's all, "Ooooh."

Whoa, Mark kissed Madison??? That's pretty intense.

What, Fiona and Aimee have already been kissed? Fiona, yeah, but Aimee? Since when?? Your brother doesn't count, Aimee.

"You know what? I think he likes you, Maddie. You can tell by the way he looks at you."
Gee, and by the way he stuck her tongue in his mouth last night.

They spend his last day on the beach together.

Who doesn't have e-mail?

Mark's in computer club???

Ha ha. Present envy.

Hart DIDN'T go out with Ivy!! Mark, who?

Madison's Computer Tip:
E-mail keeps me close to my BFFs, Mom and Dad, and even NEW friends when I go away.


How nice. I have an Avalon I have to read, then a Unicorns of Balinor, and then a CHRISTMAS-themed Madison Finn. Yeah, excellent timing, right? Not. :P

No comments:

 

hit tracker